Welcome to the thinmargin.com website. We are Thin Margin Private Limited (collectively, "Thin Margin", "we", "us", "our"), a Singapore based financial technology company and we own and operate the thinmargin.com website, including all subpages (collectively referred to as the "Website"). We hold a Money-Changer's Licence under the Money-Changing and Remitance Businesses Act (Chapter 187) of Singapore to conduct regulated activities in the buying or selling of foreign currency notes. Thin Margin is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and is licensed to purchase and sell foreign currencies, including delivery. You may verify this here.
While Thin Margin is licensed under the Money-changing and Remittance Businesses Act (Cap. 187) to carry on money-changing business, such licensing does not guarantee the performance of Thin Margin to duly deliver or settle any currency purchased at such later time as may be agreed between Thin Margin and you. You are advised to read the terms and conditions of our services carefully. Thin Margin is also a graduate of the MAS FinTech Regulatory Sandbox. Please click here if you wish to find out more about the MAS Regulatory Sandbox.
Thin Margin offers this Website, including, without any limitation, web applications, mobile applications, and any related services including notifications, alerts, electronic communications, delivery of products and services, and any information, data, or any other content or materials appearing or otherwise made accessible on or through the services (collectively referred to as the “Services”) from this Website to our users and customers (“you”, “your”), conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated herein.
You may not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to password protected and/or secure areas of the Website and/or Thin Margin’s services, or to any other protected information, through any means not intentionally made available by Thin Margin for your specific use. A breach of this provision may be an offence under the Computer Misuse Act (Chapter 50A) of Singapore.
You must also meet all customer due diligence requirements imposed by Thin Margin and all applicable laws.
2. Products and Services
Thin Margin operates an online store through the Website which offers our Services. We may temporarily or permanently remove any of our Services from the Website at any time, with or without notice to you. The Website contains information about, amongst other things, Thin Margin and the product and/or services that we may offer currently and in the future. As such, the information on the Website and/or provided by Thin Margin in any correspondences are provided for informational purposes only. The information on the Website and/or provided by Thin Margin should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting other sources of information which may be primary and/or comparatively more complete and timely. Thin Margin shall not be responsible or liable for any decisions made in reliance on the information contained in the Website.
Pocket WiFi allows you to use wireless communications services outside Singapore, using a wireless communications device that Thin Margin rents to you along with other equipment such as user guides, charging cable(s) and other accessories that Thin Margin provides as it deems necessary (collectively, “Pocket WiFi Equipment”).
- rent the Pocket WiFi Equipment;
- register for Pocket WiFi, providing your personal details, including your full name, identification number, address, billing and contact information and specifying the period of use as well as the countries where you will be using Pocket WiFi;
- reserve the Pocket WiFi Equipment;
- pay for Pocket WiFi, including the applicable deposits;
- take delivery of the Pocket WiFi Equipment; and
- after use, return the Pocket WiFi Equipment in good condition.
Cancellation and amendment charges, and the charges for loss or damage to the Pocket WiFi Equipment are as follows:
- Cancellation / Reschedule of Rental Period
- More than 10 days before date of departure - No Charge
- Within 6 to 10 days before date of departure - 30% of applicable Service Fee
- Before delivery of Equipment to 5 days before date of departure - 50% of applicable Service Fee
- After delivery of Equipment - 100% of applicable Service Fee
Loss or Damage to the Pocket WiFi Equipment
- Pocket WiFi Device – S$150
- Carrying Case - S$25
- Accessories - S$25
Fair Usage Policy
Fair Usage Policy (FUP) refers to a set of policies implemented by the local Internet Service Providers (ISP), in accordance with prevailing business practices in their area of operations. In some countries, FUP may limit the transfer of a specific amount of data over a certain period of time. Local ISPs usually apply a limit on the amount of data available for use. When an individual user exceeds the imposed limits on data within a specific period of time, slowdown of connection speed or connection deactivation may occur, depending on the policy rules imposed by the ISP. You acknowledge and accept such possibilities and shall not hold Thin Margin liable for any slowdown or issues relating to FUP that affect the performance of the Pocket WiFi Equipment or your Pocket WiFi experience.
Use of Pocket WiFi and/or the Pocket WiFi Equipment may be terminated and/or deactivated without notice by Thin Margin and without any obligation to refund any portion of the charges paid for Pocket WiFi and the Pocket WiFi Equipment if:
- Thin Margin has any reason to believe that the Pocket WiFi Equipment has been used other than in accordance with these terms and conditions and Thin Margin’s Standard Terms and Conditions;
- Thin Margin has any reason to believe that any parts on the Pocket WiFi Equipment have been tampered with;
- Thin Margin has any reason to believe that the Pocket WiFi Equipment is or may be used for any illegal or improper purposes, or in violation of any applicable laws;
- Thin Margin detects a breach of any of the terms and conditions including payment terms; or
- Thin Margin detects unusually high Pocket WiFi data usage, or in the event of possible theft or fraud.
Thin Margin may at any time terminate Pocket WiFi when it is no longer generally available, without having to refund any portion of the charges paid for Pocket WiFi and the Pocket WiFi Equipment.
Thin Margin and our delivery agent require your original identification document (such as your identity card, passport, employment pass, work permit and/or other documentation acceptable to Thin Margin at our sole discretion (“OID”) used during your registration process to effect delivery or collection. If you are unable to accept delivery and collect the Equipment personally, you may authorise someone older than eighteen (18) years of age to accept delivery or collect the Equipment on your behalf using the Authorisation Letter (“Authorisation Letter”). Your authorised representative must present (i) his or her OID; (ii) a copy of your OID; and (iii) the Authorisation Letter duly completed and signed by you to collect the Product on your behalf.
For delivery and collection of the Equipment:
- You must have properly registered and paid for the Service, including any required deposits.
- You must first reserve the Equipment before 2359hrs, four (5) days prior to the date of departure. (Example: If departure is on 30th, the last day to reserve is 25th by 2359hrs).
- Thin Margin’s delivery agent will attempt to contact you through the contact information provided by you to arrange for collection dates and time (such date and time subject to the delivery agent’s own schedule). If Thin Margin’s delivery agent is unable to contact you after two (2) attempts, your order will be deemed cancelled, cancellation charges will apply, and you agree to pay for all applicable cancellation charges.
- After Thin Margin’s delivery agent’s confirmation of your delivery instructions, the Equipment shall be delivered to the address provided by you at the time of registration, at the appointed date and time, barring circumstances beyond Thin Margin or Thin Margin’s delivery agent’s control which makes such delivery impracticable, for which Thin Margin shall not incur any liability. If you have previously used the Service, it is your responsibility to keep your delivery address updated. Thin Margin shall not be responsible if delivery is not made because of false, inaccurate or incomplete data provided by you, or if you are not available to accept delivery at the appointed time, or if delivery cannot be made due to reasons beyond the control of Thin Margin or Thin Margin’s delivery agent.
- If you are not available to take delivery or collection, Thin Margin’s delivery agent may leave a notice of attempted delivery together with advice for making arrangements for another attempt at delivery or collection. If, after exercising reasonable efforts to deliver or collect the Equipment to you, you are still unavailable or do not otherwise take delivery of or collect the Equipment, Thin Margin may charge you for all reasonable fees and charges incurred and you agree to pay for such charges.
- Delivery or collection charges will apply for delivery or collection outside of standard delivery or collection hours. Standard delivery or collection hours refers to Monday to Saturday, 1000hrs to 1900hrs, excluding Sunday and Public Holidays.
- You shall examine and test the Equipment at the point of delivery, collection and handover by Thin Margin’s appointed agent, and notify the agent immediately at the time of receipt if the Equipment is not in good working condition.
- You shall return the Equipment to Thin Margin, in good working order and in good condition, save for reasonable wear and tear within three (3) days after its reservation end date (as stated on the Equipment’s reservation order), failing which a daily rental of S$5 per day will be charged. If the Equipment is still not returned after thirty (30) days from the reservation end date, it will be deemed lost and you will be charged in full, along with all related administrative charges and disbursements, for the loss.
- If Thin Margin and its partners, at any point of time after the Equipment has been returned, discovers damage to and/or missing components in the Equipment, Thin Margin and/or its partners may charge you for the repairs and replacement, and you agree to accept such charges. Such charges for damage / loss of Equipment will at the first instance be automatically set-off from the available balance (if any) of the security deposit paid by you to Thin Margin earlier, and to the extent that the security deposit is insufficient to fully cover such charges for damage / loss of Equipment, Thin Margin and/or its partner may charge the shortfall directly to your account.
Use of Equipment
You shall not:
- use the Equipment in any country that is not listed in your order;
- use the Equipment for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or allow any third party to use the Equipment;
- use the Equipment in any manner not in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- track the location of or collect personal identifiable information from any person without their express written consent;
- intercept or “sniff” the communications between the Equipment and mobile devices or reverse engineer the third-party providers’ technology or the communications protocols used by the Equipment;
- repair or modify the Equipment, or attempt to reverse engineer the Equipment;
- remove or interfere with any certification markers affixed onto the Equipment;
- deface or add to the Equipment;
- use the Equipment for any illegal or unlawful purposes or contrary to any laws of Singapore or the country you are at; or
- attempt to dispose of the Equipment, or encumber or grant any interest in the Equipment to any third party.
- Thin Margin and its partners does not guarantee that the Equipment shall feature or is otherwise compatible with the use of Voice over IP (VoIP) applications such as, but not limited to Skype, and Google Voice.
Support and Refund
You may contact the provided Customer Service Team for assistance with the Equipment and Service. Thin Margin and its partners will use commercially reasonable efforts to assist in troubleshooting or replacing the Equipment in Singapore (if the fault is due to defects in the Equipment other than defects caused by you or your non-compliant use), as soon as possible after you notify Thin Margin and/or its partners of the problem. Thin Margin and its partners reserves the right and sole discretion to authorise any form of refund or discount or replacement.
Thin Margin and its partners will not be liable for any service or technical failure of the local telecommunications providers or for causes beyond the reasonable control of Thin Margin.
In the event that the Equipment reported to be faulty is found to be in working order, the Customer shall pay the collection and delivery cost incurred to service the Equipment, in addition to any handling charges that is applicable.
The Equipment shall remain the property of Thin Margin and its partners at all times.
Thin Margin and its partners makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, that any Equipment shall be fit or available for any particular purpose or that it shall be of satisfactory quality. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws, Thin Margin and/or its partners disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, relating to any purchase or use (or lack thereof) of any Equipment by any person. Under no circumstances shall Thin Margin and/or its partners be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or punitive losses (including but not limited to any loss of anticipated revenue, profit, use, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation or convenience) in relation to any purchase or use (or lack thereof) of any Equipment by any person, even if Thin Margin had been advised of the possibility or likelihood of the same.
Thin Margin endeavours to provide you with accurate, up-to-date Services pricing and information. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Thin Margin reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including after an order has been submitted and paid for by you, and whether or not the order has been confirmed by Thin Margin. If the actual price of our Services ordered by you is higher than that reflected on our Website, we will inform you and you will be given an option to confirm or cancel your purchase of our Services based on the updated price. If you choose to confirm your purchase, you will have to make additional payment to reflect the updated price. If you choose to cancel your purchase, we will refund the payment made by you. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced Services as cancelled.
Payment for all Services shall be made in Singapore dollars only. We accept payment for Services by local internet banking transfer to our designated bank account. If you fail to pay any fees or charges when due or if a redelivery fee is imposed, Thin Margin reserves the right to withhold the delivery of your ordered Services. You shall be responsible and liable for any fees, including attorneys' fees and collection costs that Thin Margin may incur in our efforts to collect any unpaid balances from you. Your right to use Thin Margin's Services is subject to limits established by Thin Margin.
Delivery timeslots are subject to availability. Thin Margin will endeavour to deliver to your delivery address within the delivery timeslot selected by you. However, we do not and cannot guarantee that the delivery timeslots will be met as there may be factors beyond our control which may result in early or delayed deliveries such as weather or traffic conditions. You agree that Thin Margin shall not be liable for any deliveries made outside the delivery timeslot. If your designated delivery address is inaccessible or you or the authorised party is not at the delivery address to receive the delivery, rendering us unable to complete the delivery, we will contact you to determine the best alternative address, date, and time. You agree that any changes to your delivery address, date, or time after the submission of your order may incur an administrative charge of S$10.00.
You acknowledge and agree that we are required by law to carry out all necessary security and customer due diligence checks on you in order to provide our Services to you. You may need to provide additional information (in a format acceptable to us) so we can verify your identity as a condition of processing your requests, or otherwise providing our services to you. We may make, directly or through any third-party, any inquiries we consider necessary to validate information that you provide to us, including checking commercial databases or credit reports.
4. Prohibited Usage
You must not misuse this Website. You shall not commit or encourage a criminal offence, transmit or distribute a virus including but not limited to Trojan horse, worm, logic bomb or post any other material on the Website which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s propriety rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed throughout the Website. You may not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Website or our Services, except under the specific circumstances expressly permitted by law or by Thin Margin in writing. You may not hack into, interfere with, disrupt, disable, over-burden or otherwise impair the proper working of the Website, our Services, or our servers, which shall include but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks, spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing, tampering, spamming, reverse engineering or reprogramming. You agree not to reproduce, display or otherwise provide access to the Website or our Services, which shall include but is not limited to framing, mirroring, linking, spidering, scraping or any other technological means (including any technology available in the future), without the prior written permission of Thin Margin. In the event such a breach occurs, Thin Margin will report the breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and appropriate legal action will be taken.
5. Third-party Links
The Website may contain hyperlinks to, or from other third-party websites. Thin Margin shall not be responsible or liable for the contents on any third-party websites that are linked to, linked or from the Website, and we do not, expressly or implicitly, make any representation, covenant or warranty regarding their content or accuracy. Links to or from third-party websites do not imply that we sponsor or endorse the contents of these websites. Any hyperlinking to the Website shall be subject to Thin Margin's prior written consent, which if given, shall be conditional upon the satisfaction of any conditions we may prescribe.
6. Linking to our Website
7. Legal Jurisdiction
We do not warrant that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Singapore. Accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from elsewhere, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Thin Margin disclaims all liability resulting therefrom.
9. Intellectual Property
The trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on the Website (collectively referred to as “Trade Marks”), are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of Thin Margin. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any displayed on the Website, without the written permission of Thin Margin or any other applicable trade mark owner. The name of Thin Margin may not be used in any way without the prior written permission of Thin Margin.
Aside from the content, trade marks owned by third parties, and the other names of companies, products, programmes, applications, systems (including messaging systems) and solutions may be mentioned or referred to on the Website. These marks are, and remain entirely, the trade marks of their respective owners or holders. Thin Margin does not represent itself as being connected, associated or affiliated in any way with the owners or licensees of those marks.
Thin Margin shall be entitled to suspend and/or terminate your access and/or use of the Website with or without notice and for any or no reason.
11. Access to the Website and Services
Thin Margin will endeavor to ensure our Services are available to you when you need them during operating hours. However, we do not guarantee that our Services will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our services with or without notice. You acknowledge and agree that Thin Margin will not be liable to you if for any reason whatsoever our Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. We may also restrict access to some parts, or the entirety, of the Website to persons who have registered with us.
To access certain parts of the Website or our Services, you will be required to sign up for an account with Thin Margin. Please provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information required for your account. You are solely responsbiel for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your account details. You agree not to share or permit anyone else to use your account. If you are provided with any piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential.
The information and materials on this Website are provided “as is” and “as available”. Thin Margin does not warrant and shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, adequacy, availability, usefulness, timeliness or completeness of the information or materials, or for any errors or omissions in the information or materials. Thin Margin does not warrant or represent that the Website and our services will meet your requirements, be of satisfactory quality, be fit for a particular purpose, not infringe the rights of third parties, or be compatible with all systems. For any statements or projections that may constitute forward-looking statements, such statements reflect our view as at the date the statements are made with respect to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual outcomes and results may be significantly different from such views. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
No part of the Website and/or our services is intended to constitute advice (financial or otherwise), and the Website and/or our services should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from your use of the Website and/or our services or any information contained in it, and you use the Website and/or our services) at your own risk.
You agree to fully indemnify Thin Margin and all of its directors, officers, agents, and employees, from and against all claims, costs (including reasonable legal costs), damages, expenses, liabilities, losses, or any special, incidental or consequential damages however rising, out of or in connection with our Website and/or services.
15. Contact Us